Director of West Campus [Business] and Policy Sciences and Economics Libraries: Position Description
POSITION: Director of West Campus Library and Policy Sciences and Economics Library
WORK UNIT: User Services
REPORTS TO: Dean
The Director leads a faculty and staff of approximately 16 FTE in planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating a comprehensive program of information services for the Mays Business School, the Bush School and the departments of Political Science and Economics. The Director participates in division and library wide planning; manages budgets for equipment, supplies, and student wages. The Director also participates in the hiring, mentoring, and evaluation of staff and faculty in the discipline groups, participates in departmental liaison, collection development, instruction, and reference services as appropriate.
- Directs the activities and programs of the West Campus Business Library and the Policy Sciences and Economics Library
- Provides supervision and support for the faculty and staff at WCL at PSEL
- Serves as the administrative link to the main campus library for all personnel, fiscal, and West Campus Library building maintenance operations (building proctor for WCL)
- Subject specialist/liaison to Mays Business School executive and administrative staff and faculty, as well as the Bush School executive and administrative staff and faculty and the departments of Political Science and Economics executive and administrative staff and faculty
- Working with a team of subject librarians, has overall collection development responsibility for areas related to business, political science, economics and law. Selects resources for the business reference collection and law for the Libraries
- Provides instructional services
- Provides reference and information services
- Participation as a member of the User Services Management group and on appropriate campus and library committees
- Participates in scholarly activities and professional service commensurate with TAMU Libraries faculty status requirements.
- Other duties as assigned