Cushing/Glasscock Graduate Award Submissions Due March 18
MarComm | January 18, 2011
The Cushing Memorial Library and Archives and Melbern G. Glasscock Center for Humanities Research invite applications for the 2011 Cushing/Glasscock Graduate Award. This graduate research award, open to Texas A&M University graduate students in good standing, supports projects in the humanities that are based in collections housed in the Cushing Memorial Library and Archives. Up to two awards of up to $2,000 each will be made.
Applications will be evaluated by a faculty committee and judged in part on their effective use of materials housed in Cushing. Recipients are expected to spend at least one month in residence at Cushing Library between June 1 and Aug. 31, 2011 and must deliver a short presentation on their projects in the Fall of 2011. A written copy of the project must be deposited in the Glasscock Center Library.
Deadline for applications is March 18, 2011
Applications of no more than three single spaced pages must contain the following information:
- Applicant's name, address, phone number and email address
- Applicant's major degree and department
- Applicant's department head chair and committee chair
- Applicant's expected graduation date
- Proposed project title
- A statement describing the nature of the applicant's research, its relationship to the humanities, and the materials in Cushing that will support the research
- A tentative bibliography of Cushing materials
Submit applications via email to Catherine Coker in the form of an attached MS Word file or PDF (preferred) or to:
Cushing/Glasscock Humanities Research Award
c/o Catherine Coker
Cushing Memorial Library and Archives
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-5000
Inquiries and questions about papers and research can be directed to Catherine Coker at 979-845-1951 or email@example.com.