Business Librarian, Assistan Professor
- Collaborate with Finance, Accounting and Sport Management Faculty to understand teaching and research needs
- Provide business reference service to faculty, staff, and students at public service points and subject specific consultation by appointment.
- Build and manage information resources in Finance, Accounting and Sport Management subject area
- Design, deliver, assess, and promote library instruction programs to support a comprehensive libraries-wide information literacy program.~
- MS Information Science, University of North Texas, 2007
- BBA Accounting, Pittsburg State University, 1993
Thornton, J. (2012). Researching public pension plans. Journal of Business & Finance Librarianship, 17(2), 153-169. doi: 10.1080/08963568.2012.660130
Thornton, J. B. (2011). Fast money: Investment literacy for Tomorrow’s wall street traders. Behavioral & Social Sciences Librarian, 30(1)
Pickett, C., Stephens, J., Kimball, R., Ramirez, D., Thornton, J., & Burford, N. (2011). Revisiting an abandoned practice: The death and resurrection of collection development policies Collection Management, 36(3)
Thornton, J. B. (2010). The career development compass: Roadmap to building a diversified portfolio of professional capabilities for information professionals. In E. Pankl, D. Theiss-White & M. C. Bushing (Eds.), Recruitment, development, and retention of information professionals: Trends in human resources and knowledge management (pp. 191-205). Hershey, PA: Business Science Reference.
Creativity & Innovation
American Library Association
Association of College & Research Libraries
Reference and User Services Association (RUSA)
Business Reference and Services Section (BRASS)