Coordinator of Electronic Resources
BS, University of Texas at Austin, 1976
Major: Elementary Education
MLS, Texas Woman's University, 1996
Major: Library Science
- Elementary Self-Contained (Grades 1-8), State of Texas.
- Elementary Reading (Grades 1-8), State of Texas.
- Learning Resources Endorsement (Grades PK-12), State of Texas.
- Texas A&M University, Sterling C. Evans Library, College Station, Texas: Coordinator of Electronic Resources, November 2008 - present.
- Texas A&M University, Sterling C. Evans Library, College Station, Texas: Social Sciences and Education Librarian, June 2002 - October 2008.
- Bryan Public Library, Bryan, Texas: Youth Services Librarian, August 2001 - March 2002.
- Lewisville Independent School District, Lewisville, Texas: School Librarian, September 1996 - August 2001.
- Austin Independent School District, Austin, Texas: Classroom Teacher, 1979 - 1981.
- Carrollton-Farmers Branch Independent School District, Carrollton, Texas: Classroom Teacher, 1977 - 1979.
- Jane Smith and Eugenia Beh. “Preserving the Scholarly Collection: An Examination of the Perpetual Access Clauses in the Texas A&M University Libraries’ Major E-Journal Licenses.” Serials Review, 38:4 (2012).
- Hartnett, Eric, Apryl Price, Jane Smith and Michael Barrett. "Opening a Can of wERMS: Texas A&M University's Experiences in Implementing Two Electronic Resource Management Systems." Journal of Electronic Resources Librarianship 22:1 (2010).
- Reynolds, Leslie, Carmelita Pickett, Wyoma vanDuinkerken, Jane Smith, Jeanne Harrell, and Sandra Tucker. "User-Driven Acquisitions: Allowing Patron Requests to Drive Collection Development in an Academic Library." Collection Management 35:3 (2010).
- van Duinkerken, Wyoma, Jane Smith, Jeanne Harrell, Leslie Reynolds and Sandra Tucker. "Creating a Flexible Fund Structure to Meet the Needs and Goals of the Library and its Users." Library Collections, Acquisitions & Technical Services 32(2009).
- Smith, Jane A. "An International Collaboration: Collection Development for a Teacher Preparation Program in Qatar." Behavioral and Social Sciences Librarian 26:3 (2008).
- Melgoza, Pauline and Jane Smith. "Revitalizing an Existing Honor Code Program." Innovative Higher Education 32:4 (2008).
- Smith, Jane A. and Patricia Wiese. "Authenticating Children's Literature: Raising Cultural Awareness with an Inquiry-Based Project in a Teacher Education Course. Teacher Education Quarterly 33:2 (2006).
Smith, Jane A. "Modeling an Inquiry-Based Research Project to Pre-Service Teachers." In: Teaching information literacy skills to social sciences students and practioners: A casebook of applications. Eds. Tasha Cooper and Doug Cook. Chicago, IL: Association of Colleges and Research Libraries (2006).
American Library Association.
Association for Library Collections and Technical Services.
Intellectual Freedom Round Table.