Provides on-site management of Media & Reserves Services (Med & Res)
- Supervise complex operational processes of Med & Res.
- Interpret relevant library and university procedures to library users.
- Organize, implement and oversee unit activities and work flows associated with circulation of audiovisual and reserve collections.
- Supervise classified staff and student assistants, including hiring, training, scheduling and evaluation.
- Develop and implement creative solutions for improving staff operations.
- Set operational policies and procedures.
- Oversee the unit's course reserve, locate, recall, fine, and billing procedures.
Provides ready and in-depth audiovisual assistance to library users
- Perform complex customer service functions.
- Demonstrate specialized showing room and floor audiovisual equipment.
- Oversee the scheduling of showing and teleconference rooms.
- Oversee the film reservation process.
- Maintain the audio and video library in Mediamatrix for streaming.
- Oversee the processing of course reserve and audiovisual materials for circulation.
- Develop and implement creative solutions for improving services to library users.
Participates in the evaluation and review of the audiovisual collections
- Analyze user needs and interests to determine future directions to audiovisual and reserve collections.
- Coordinate with faculty on audiovisual needs.