- Collection development, liaison duties, instruction, and reference
Education and Social Sciences Librarian
- Subject Specialist- Educational Curriculum, PreK-12 & Education K-12
- Liaison to College of Education Department of Teaching Learning and Culture (TLAC)
- BA University of Oklahoma
- MA University of Michigan
- MS in Library Science, University of North Texas
- Graduate Academic Certificate(GAC) in Library Services for Youth, University of North Texas
- Library History
- Children's and Young Adult Literature
- Academic libraries and Digital Natives
- Thornton, Elaine. "iTunes University and ARL Academic Libraries" Journal of Web Librarianship 3(3), July-September 2009. 263-272.
- Thornton, Elaine. "Globalizing Children's Literature in Academic Libraries Using Automatic Acquisition" Collection Building 30(1) 2011. 47-52.