- Manage the Shelving Unit and its assigned staff and student employees.
- Serve as the Shelving Unit liaison to all other units.
- Provides information on Shelving procedures for all other library units.
- Ensure that all items (over 4 million in print, and over 5 million in microform) are shelved in various collections throughout the two library buildings.
- Monitor the collection growth.
- Responsible for the student employee budget.
- Responsible for developing unit strategic planning, conducting risk assessment plans, establishing long-term and short-term project goals.
- Work with the preservation librarian for the proper care of the materials in both general and government document collections.