Collection Development Librarian
- Analyze institutional data , usage statistics, and other metrics for decision support in a variety of contexts
- Assessment of library print and digital collections
- Coordinate the TAMU Libraries' gift program
- MLIS, University of North Texas, 2009
- BA, University of Bucharest, School of Law, 1996
- American Library Association
ACRL (2010 - Present)
ALCTS (2010 - Present)
- Collection Assessment
- E-approval Plans
- Patron Driven Acquisitions
- Electronic Resource Management Systems
Tabacaru, Simona, Carmelita Pickett. "Damned If You Do, Damned If You Don't: Texas A&M University Libraries' Collection Assessment for Off-site Storage." Collection Building 32, no.3 (2013).
Pickett, Carmelita, Simona Tabacaru and Jeanne Harrell. "E-Approval Plans in Research Libraries". College & Research Libraries. Accepted for publication November 5, 2012. Anticipated Publication Date: March 2014. Preprint available: http://crl.acrl.org/content/early/2012/12/19/crl12-410.full.pdf+html
Hartnett, Eric, Eugenia Beh, Taryn Resnick, Ana Ugaz, and Simona Tabacaru. "Charting a Course Through CORAL: Texas A&M University Libraries' Experience Implementing an Open Source Electronic Resources Management System." Journal of Electronic Resources Librarianship 25, no. 1 (2013): 16-38.