Subject Specialist and liaison librarian for
Education and Certifications
- Master of Science in Management, Lowry Mays College and Graduate School of Business, Texas A&M University, 5/2010. Major: Human Resources Management.
- Candidate for credentialed mediator, TMCA, 2010
- Passed Professional in Human Resources exam, HRCI, 2011
- Master of Librarianship, Information School, University of Washington, 12/1994. Major: Librarianship. Independent Study: “The Impact of the Internet on Academic Library Management.”
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Oregon, 6/1993. Double Major: Humanities; Romance Languages.
- Library liaison and outreach
- Human resources and management in libraries
- Innovations in library services
Recent Published Papers
Kaspar, Wendi Arant and Pixey Mosley. “Making the Good Hire: Updating Hiring Practices for the Contemporary Workforce in Libraries Part II: Reviewing and Interviewing.” Accepted by Library Administration & Management.
Mosley, Pixey and Wendi Arant Kaspar. “Making the Good Hire: Updating Hiring Practices for the Contemporary Workforce in Libraries Part I: Identifying Organizational Needs and Defining the Position.” Accepted by Library Administration & Management.
Kaspar, Wendi Arant and Candace Benefiel. “Drive-By BI: Tailored In-Class Mini-Instruction Sessions for Graduate and Upper-Level Undergraduate Courses.” Reference Services Review 36.1 (2008): 39-47.
- Kaspar, Wendi Arant and Wyoma vanDuinkerken. Co-Editors-in-Chief of the Journal of Academic Librarianship, published by Elsevier, 2012-2014.
- Mosley, Pixey Anne and Wendi Arant Kaspar. Co-associate editors of Library Administration & Management, refereed journal published by the American Library Association, July 2007 - 2009. Co-editors, 2009-2011.
- Carter, Henry V. and Wendi Arant Kaspar (eds.). Special issue of Journal of Interlibrary Loan, Document Delivery & Information Supply on copyright. 18.1 (2007). 122 pages.
Arant, Wendi and Candace R. Benefiel (eds.). The Image and Role of the Librarian. Binghamton, NY: Haworth Press, 2002. 186 pages. Monograph published simultaneously as a special issue of the Reference Librarian, 78.
Arant, Wendi and Pixey Anne Mosley (eds.). Library Outreach, Partnerships, and Distance Education: Reference Librarians at the Gateway. Binghamton, NY: Haworth Press, 2000. 328 pages. Monograph published simultaneously as a special issue of the Reference Librarian, 32.67/68.
- Court Appointed Special Advocate, Voices for Children (Brazos County), 2010-present
- University Disciplinary Appeals Panel Member, Texas A&M University, 2009-present
- Difficult Dialogues Program Facilitation, Texas A&M University, 2011