By Marketing and Communications | 04-04-2016
COLLEGE STATION, TX (April 4, 2016) – The bulk of this update involves new resources we have access to through our big EBSCO subscription.
Here’s what we’ve added in the past couple of months:
- Architectural Digest Archive Covers the history of design, includes inspirational ideas, and provides a look at culture, art, unique homes and international design concepts from the earliest issues in 1926 through 2011. It also features the AD100, the Architectural Digest list of top 100 architects and interior designers worldwide.
- European Views of the Americas: 1493 to 1750 A comprehensive guide to printed records about the Americas written in Europe before 1750 from European Americana: A Chronological Guide to Works Printed In Europe Relating to the Americas, 1493-1750. This electronic index represents a wide range of topics, from the British/French/Dutch in America to natural disasters, religious orders, slavery and more. The John Carter Brown Library, founded in 1846, is a foremost repository of rare books and materials and is a center for advanced research in history and the humanities.
- Fortune Magazine Archive Presents an extensive collection of the long-running business magazine dating from its very first issue in February, 1930 through December, 2000 in a comprehensive cover-to-cover format. Provides news and analysis of both American and, later, international business, economics, technology, and industry.
- Fuente Academica Plus Provides a rapidly growing collection of scholarly journals from Latin America, Portugal and Spain, covering all major subject areas with particular emphasis on agriculture, biological sciences, economics, history, law, literature, philosophy, psychology, public administration, religion and sociology. This is an upgrade to our existing Fuente Academica Premier access.
- Garden, Landscape & Horticulture Index Garden, Landscape & Horticulture Index covers a wide range of serial titles including general gardening titles of national, international, and regional interest and titles devoted to specialty gardens and plant groups. Indexed and abstracted are more than 500 core titles, the majority of which are published in English with a strong focus on environmentally sustainable horticultural and design practices.
- Health Business Elite Provides comprehensive journal content detailing all aspects of healthcare administration and other non-clinical aspects of healthcare institution management.
- Health Policy Reference Center Covers all aspects of health policy and related issues, offering indexing from more than 420 full-text publications, including journals, monographs, magazines and trade publications.
- Life Magazine Archive Spanning its very first issue in November, 1936 through December, 2000 in a comprehensive cover-to-cover format, the magazine has featured story-telling through documentary photographs and informative captions. Each issue visually and powerfully depicted national and international events and topical stories, providing intimate views of real people and their real life situations.
- People Magazine Archive Dating from its very first issue in March, 1974 through December, 2000, in a comprehensive cover-to-cover format, the magazine has focused on the stories of people in and behind the news. Each issue contains a blend of celebrity and human interest stories. Taken as a whole, the archive chronicles popular culture and trends over time.
- Sports Illustrated Magazine Archive Dating from its very first issue in August, 1954 through December, 2000, presented in a comprehensive cover-to-cover format, the magazine has aimed to chronicle the weekly events in the world of sports. Each issue originally focused on more upper-class sporting activities such as polo and boating, but in the 1960s the magazine expanded its focus to include the increasingly popular professional sports of baseball, football, and, eventually, basketball.
- Sustainability Reference Center Designed for sustainability experts and information professionals, this collection offers unmatched full-text coverage of content relevant to many integral areas of sustainability initiative management.
- Time Magazine Archive Dating back to its first issue in March 1923 through December 2000, presented in a comprehensive cover-to-cover format, the magazine has focused on conveying to a broad audience both domestic and international news and analysis on a spectrum of subjects.
Additionally, with the reduction of our government documents print collection, we’ve added:
- ProQuest Executive Branch Documents 1789-1939 In addition to offering a record of Federal department and agency activities, this collection provides insight into virtually all facets of society.
ProQuest is slowly moving all of their Chadwyck Healey products over to the ProQuest platform. Those that have recently made the move include:
- AFI Catalog
- Digital National Security Archive
- Film Index International
- House of Commons Parliamentary Papers
- With the recent Springer-Palgrave merger, ebooks on the Palgrave Connect platform are in the process of being migrated to SpringerLink.
- EBL and ebrary are being combined into one platform, Ebook Central. ProQuest has begun the process of moving their customers over in waves with the goal of getting everyone migrated in the next 6-9 months.