We have now spent all the funds for faculty authors, but we still have funding available for graduate student authors. We hope to have new funding for faculty available September 2016.
You must be able to answer "yes" to all the questions below to be eligible to apply for reimbursement from the OAKFund.
- Are you a Texas A&M faculty member?
- Are you applying for funds to help underwrite processing charges related to publishing your peer-reviewed scholarly work in an open-access journal or book?
- Are you publishing in an open-access publication that provides unfettered access to all peer-reviewed contributions?
- Can you confirm that you do not have any other source of funding to cover article-processing fees?
- Was your article accepted for publication after September 1, 2013?
If you have answered yes to all of the above you can apply to the OAKFund using the online application form. Applicants will receive notification of acceptance or denial within 5 to 7 days of submission.
Payment and Reimbursement Process
Payment of the open access processing charge to the publisher may be made in one of two ways:
- Use of a personal credit card or personal check followed by submission of a Request for Reimbursement -OR-
- Use of a University credit card through the Texas A&M University Libraries’ Business Services:
Business Services, Texas A&M University Libraries
Sterling C. Evans Library, Suite 203
Note: Reimbursement of open-access processing fees may reasonably be viewed as a “working condition fringe” and therefore are excludible from income. OAKFund will not be included in income on the employee’s W-2 and will not be subject to any reporting or withholding for tax purposes.
Payment made by personal credit card or check may be reimbursed with appropriate proof of payment. Documents required are:
- A copy of the canceled check (front and back) -OR- a credit card receipt (original preferred).
- A completed Request for Reimbursement form
- A completed W-9 form
Submit completed documents to:
c/o Business Services
Texas A&M University Libraries
College Station, TX 77843-5000
For More Information
Questions regarding OAKFund reimbursements should be directed to the University Libraries’ Business Services office. General questions regarding the scope and rationale for the OAKFund may be emailed to the Libraries’ Scholarly Communications office at OAKFund@library.tamu.edu.