Mission, Vision and Values
We enrich minds and inspire learning by providing quality information, services and resources to the Texas A&M Libraries global community.
The University Libraries will be the indispensable hub of discovery, learning and creativity at Texas A&M.
The pillars of this vision will be:
- a distinguished collection of information resources unbounded by place and preserved for future generations;
- a suite of robust services and a dedicated team exceeding customer expectations;
- an inspirational environment that delights and invites use;
- and an organizational culture celebrated for its trust, openness to risk and strengthened by its collaboration and diversity.
At the Texas A&M University Libraries we will apply these principles in all of our activities. We will:
- recognize library users as our primary focus, which deserve effective service, accurate information, and an empathetic response,
- recognize library personnel as our primary asset, who deserves encouragement, development, and respect,
- encourage and support diversity within our organization,
- strive for consistently high standards to ensure quality service and product,
- challenge paradigms to improve the organization,
- value collaboration and teamwork to enhance the library's effectiveness,
- value the ideas and contributions of individuals,
- accept responsibility for the good of the enterprise,
- know our strengths and know when to ask for assistance,
- communicate with openness, honesty, respect, and sensitivity,
- act with courtesy, professionalism, and integrity.