Cushing-Glasscock Graduate Award Call for Submissions
Marketing and Communications | February 03, 2014
The Cushing Memorial Library & Archives and The Melbern G. Glasscock Center for Humanities Research invite applications for the 2014 Cushing-Glasscock Graduate Award. This graduate research award is open to Texas A&M University graduate students in good standing. It supports projects in the humanities that are based on collections housed at the Cushing Memorial Library & Archives. One or two awards of up to $2,000 each will be made.
Applications will be evaluated by a faculty committee and judged in part on their effective use of materials housed at Cushing. Recipients are expected to spend at least one month in residence at Cushing Library between June 1 and August 31, 2014, and they must deliver a short presentation on their projects during the fall semester of 2014. A written copy of the project must be deposited in the Glasscock Center Library and Cushing Memorial Library & Archives.
Deadline for applications is March 25, 2014.
Applications should be no longer than three single spaced pages, and they must contain the following information:
- Applicant’s name, address, phone number and email address;
- Applicant’s major degree and department;
- Names of applicant’s department chair and committee chair;
- Applicant’s expected graduation date;
- Proposed project title;
- A statement describing the nature of the applicant’s research, its relationship to the humanities, and the materials at Cushing that will support the research;
- A tentative bibliography of Cushing materials.
Submit applications via email to Rebecca Hankins (email@example.com) in the form of an attached MS Word file or PDF (preferred) or to:
Cushing-Glasscock Humanities Research Award
c/o Rebecca Hankins
Cushing Memorial Library & Archives
Texas A&M University TAMU 5000
College Station, TX 77843-5000
Please note that a No-Repeat Rule applies:
1. No one may receive more than one award in any three-year period.
2. If a graduate student who has won the Cushing-Glasscock Award submits another proposal after the three-year period has passed, the new project must be significantly different from the previous one. _____________________________________________________________________________
Questions about papers and research can be directed to Rebecca Hankins at 979-845-1951 and firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome your interest! ______________________________________________________________________________
Rebecca Hankins, Certified Archivist
Africana Studies/Race & Ethnic Resources Librarian/Curator
Cushing Memorial Library & Archives | 5000 TAMU | College Station, TX 77843| Tel.979.845.1951 979-845-5874
Evans Annex, Room 3.409G| Fax. 979.845.1441
For more information: contact Charlene Clark, Texas A&M University Libraries; 979.862.4233 or email@example.com