- Director of Science and Engineering Services
- Director of Liaison Services
- Subject Specialist for Civil Engineering, Transportation, Landscape Architecture and Urban Planning
- Transportation Research Board (TRB) - Committee on Library and Information Science for Transportation
- American Library Association
- Special Libraries Association
- Texas Library Association
- American Society for Information Science and Technology
- American Society for Engineering Education, Engineering Libraries Division
As Head of Science and Engineering Services, Sandy Tucker coordinates the work of several librarians who support faculty and students in the Colleges of Engineering, Science, Geosciences, Architecture, and Agriculture. She also provides specialized support - including advanced reference services, research consultations, instructional services, outreach, and collection development - for the groups she serves as subject specialist. As Head of Liaison services she supports and evaluates the work of the Libraries' liaison librarians.
From 1988 through 2005 she served as research librarian at Texas Transportation Institute (TTI), managing TTI's Library and Information Services group. While at TTI, she supervised the development of several websites and clearinghouses related to transportation and served as principal investigator for the National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHPR) project that developed and managed the Transportation Pooled Fund Program website. Together with Barbara Harder she wrote a background paper to support the TRB Policy Study, Future Strategy for Transportation Information Management. Recently, she was part of a team headed by Spy Pond Partners that conducted research under NCHRP Project 20-75, Implementing Transportation Knowledge Networks.
Ms. Tucker was the chair of the technical panel for NCHRP Project 20-32, Development of a Comprehensive Thesaurus for Transportation Research. She chaired TTI's process team for intranet development and is a past chair of the Transportation Division of the Special Libraries Association. She is past chair of the Transportation Research Board's Committee on Library and Information Science for Transportation (LIST), which tracks developments in information science for the transportation research community, and is chair of the LIST Subcommittee for the Transportation Research Thesaurus.
- M.L.I.S., University of Texas at Austin 1986. Major: Library and Information Science.
- M.A., Indiana University, 1972. Major: Russian Language and Literature.
- B.A., Washington State University, 1970, High Honors. Major: Russian. Minors: French, Education.
Ms. Tucker was a member of the research team for NCHRP Project 20-75, Implementing Transportation Knowledge Networks.
- H. Mercer, J. Koenig, R. B. McGeachin, and S. L. Tucker. Structure, Features, and Faculty Content in ARL Member Repositories. Journal of Academic Librarianship 37.4 (July 2011): 333-342. doi:10.1016/j.acalib.2011.04.008.
- J. H. Overman, S. Tucker, and M. Sandidge. Transportation Plan Repository and Archive, Final Report UTCM 10-20-58. College Station, Texas: University Transportation Center for Mobility, April 2011.
- L. J. Reynolds, C. Pickett, W. vanDuinkerken, J. Smith, J. Harrell, and S. Tucker. User-Driven Acquisitions: Allowing Patron Requests to Drive Collection Development in an Academic Library. Collection Management 35.3 (2010): 244-54.
- Spy Pond Partners, LLC, University of Minnesota Center for Transportation Studies, and Sandy Tucker. Implementing Transportation Knowledge Networks, NCHRP Report 643. Washington, D.C.: Transportation Research Board, 2009.
- C. L. Gilreath, C. L. Foster, L. J. Reynolds, and S. L. Tucker. Lessons Learned by a Standing Search Committee: Developing Better Practices. Journal of Academic Librarianship 35.4 (July 2009): 367-72.
- W. Van Duinkerken, J. Smith, J. Harrell, L. J. Reynolds, S. Tucker, and E. Carrigan. Creating a Flexible Fund Structure to Meet the Needs and Goals of the Library and Its Users. Library Collections, Acquisitions and Technical Services 32.3/4 (2008): 142-49.
- B. T. Harder and S. L. Tucker. Scoping Study for a National Strategic Plan for Transportation Information Management. NCHRP Project 20-7/Task 142, Final Report, 2003.