Books Missing from the Shelves
- If you can't find a book that is “Available” according to the library catalog, you can request that the library Search for an item missing from the shelves.
- You will be notified when the item is found
- If the library can not find the item within three business days (M-F), it will be declared “missing” and you will be notified. You can then request it through Get it for me
How do I RECALL a book that has already been checked out?
Fill out the Recall a Checked Out Item
When a book is recalled
- New due date is assigned and book cannot be renewed
- Current user has 14 days to return the book before being fined
- Notices will be sent when book is available
- Returned Recall books will be held 10 days for pickup
- Books with more than 1 recall will check out for only 14 days
Use Recalls Responsibly! As Recalls inconvenience other users, follow these guidelines:
Make sure a shelf copy is not still available- LibCat
- Recall only one checked-out copy of the book
- Choose the copy that has the soonest due date or least number of requests pending
- Only recall items you really need
- Do not use the recall process as a replacement for buying a textbook
During the winter holidays between the Fall and Spring semesters, recall requests will not be placed. For urgent research needs, please contact the main service desk at 845-3731.