Texas A&M University Libraries is committed to providing access to library resources and services for all students, staff, faculty and other patrons of the Libraries.
Using the Library Website
Our goal is to make the Libraries' website accessible to all users. If you encounter problems or have suggestions please contact us for assistance.
Physical Access to the Libraries
For information about how to get to our campus libraries see our Directions/Maps/Parking pages which include information about disabled parking locations. For more information about disabled parking, contact Transportation Services at (979) 845-9700.
Research Assistance & Technology
Not sure where to start? AskUs Services is here to help you. Stop by the first floor service desk at any campus library to get started or call, chat, text, or email us for assistance.
Quick Phone List
- Cushing Library & Archives: 979-845-1951
- Medical Sciences Library: 979-845-7428
- Policy Sciences & Economics Library: 979-862-3544
- Sterling C. Evans Library & Annex: 979-845-3731
- West Campus Library: 979-845-2111
Online Research Help
Texas A&M students, faculty, and staff have access to help online through our AskUs chat and text (SMS) services.
Learning and Outreach Services
Request a tour, specialized instruction session for a group or class, or a one-on-one instruction session with a subject librarian.
ADA Computer Workstations in the Libraries
Computer workstations, accessible by wheelchairs, are available in each library. They are also equipped with screen reader and magnification software.
Access to Materials
- Not sure where to start? AskUs Services is here to help you. Stop by the first floor service desk at any campus library to get started or call, chat, text, or email us for assistance.
- Staff and librarians can help you search for books, electronic resources, course reserves items, and other material needed for your research and study needs.
- Use AskUs Services to retrieve library materials from the shelves for you.
- You can also designate an individual to serve as your proxy to locate and check out items on your behalf.
Get It For Me Services
Get It For Me includes document delivery of library materials and interlibrary loan services. All Texas A&M University students, faculty, and staff have access to this service. Through Get It For Me, you can:
- Have circulating material checked out and mailed to your home with a return delivery envelope for your convenience
- Request electronic copies (PDF files) of print materials available in the Libraries (e.g., articles, book chapters, etc.)
- Request document delivery of materials located at other campus libraries to the campus library of your choice
- Request interlibrary loan items from libraries beyond TAMU (national and international)
- For more information call (979) 845-5641 (services related to Evans Library, West Campus Library, and the Policy Sciences & Economics Library) or (979) 845-7428 (services related to the Medical Sciences Library)
Access the Libraries’ electronic resources using the search feature on the Libraries’ homepage.
- Use the default Quick Search feature as an easy way to search across many of the Texas A&M University Libraries' most popular resources including:
- Access a variety of sources, such as books, movies, and articles all in a single results page
- Limit results in a variety of ways to get exactly what is needed, including peer-reviewed journals
- Search across the Libraries' catalogs (LibCat and MSL), Texas A&M's OAKTrust institutional repository, and hundreds of scholarly databases like JSTOR, Academic Search Complete, and ScienceDirect
- Use additional search options provided to locate individual e-journals and databases to search within. (The library cannot guarantee that all third-party individual e-journals and databases will be ADA compatible and work with adaptive technology)
Texas A&M University Disability Services
Disability Services offers accommodations coordination, evaluation referral, disability-related information, assistive technology services, sign language interpreting and transcription services for academically related purposes. Disability Services is currently located in the Disability Services building at the Student Services at White Creek complex on west campus. For more information please call 979-845-1637 or email email@example.com. For additional information, visit http://disability.tamu.edu.