BioMedCentral APC Discount
BioMed Central publishes 272 peer-reviewed open access journals.
Texas A&M University is a Supporter Member which means that when you publish in any BioMed Central journal you will receive a 15% discount on the article-processing charge. The discount is automatically applied when BMC sends the invoice for the Author Processing Charge (APC).
If you are interested in securing OAKFund support for an article submitted to any BioMedCentral journal, be sure to indicate the invoiced amount in the application form.
Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) Gold-for-Gold OA Vouchers
As a subscriber to Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) journals, Texas A&M University Libraries receives a type of "rebate" for our investment in the form of open access vouchers. These vouchers may be used by Texas A&M authors to publish their papers in RSC journals free of charge, as a Gold Open Access (OA) article, without paying the normal Article Publication Fee (APF).
Each voucher code can be used to publish a communication, full paper, review or technical note under the RSC's Gold OA option.
Please note that voucher codes cannot be used until an article has been accepted for publication.
How to apply?
- The corresponding author submits the manuscript to RSC using their ScholarOne submission and review system. Check out the publishers Author Guidelines page at http://www.rsc.org/publishing/journals/guidelines
- Once the article is accepted, the author(s) requests an RSC Voucher through their Library Subject Liaison (see online directory of subject specialists) or the OAKFund Program Manager in the Libraries' Office of Scholarly Communication. The Librarian will verify that the requesting author meets the eligibility requirements of the OAKFund program
- Depending on availability, the Libraries will issue a voucher code to the requesting author. The author inserts the code into the Gold for Gold online acceptance form
- Whilst the article is being copyedited, typeset and proofread, the voucher code will be authenticated. Upon publication the paper will then be accessible to all as a Gold OA paper.
- If you have questions or concerns about your application for an RSC Open Access voucher, or any other aspect of the OAKFund Program, please contact the Office of Scholarly Communication at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Texas A&M University Libraries is pleased to expand publishing options to faculty through the Libraries’ institutional membership with PeerJ, the award winning open access publisher of both PeerJ PrePrints and PeerJ (https://peerj.com/). The Libraries’ OAKFund will now underwrite the cost of a basic PeerJ membership for each eligible University author accepted for publication in PeerJ.
The membership allows an author to publish one article in PeerJ per year, and lasts for a lifetime of publishing, even if the author leaves Texas A&M. The OAKFund has memberships to distribute to Texas A&M authors through the OAKFund application process.
Eligibility for a PeerJ membership matches the guidelines for the OAKFund.
How to apply?
- Each Texas A&M University author on the manuscript needs to sign up for a Free Account with PeerJ. This step does not obligate you to submit anything to the journal.
- Submit your manuscript to PeerJ so it is in the system. Do NOT pay for a publishing plan at this time if you are planning to request a membership through the University Libraries.
- Request a Basic Membership from the Libraries by completing and submitting the OAKFund form.
- For multi-authored papers, submit a single application but indicate the names and email addresses of all Texas A&M University authors. NOTE: Each author must have their own separate PeerJ membership. Be sure to upload a copy of the submitted manuscript to facilitate the process of verifying eligibility.
- Once the Libraries approves your PeerJ membership application, you and your eligible Texas A&M University co-authors will receive a confirmation email from email@example.com. The Libraries will then submit your name(s) and email address(es) to PeerJ so they can issue you a payment code to enter into your submission.
- If you have questions or concerns about your application for PeerJ membership, or any other aspect of the OAKFund Program, please contact the Office of Scholarly Communication at firstname.lastname@example.org.