Texas A&M University Libraries welcomes the opportunity to work with local schools. Understanding the libraries' role in academic research is an important step in the transition from high school to university life. High school teachers are encouraged to contact the Libraries to investigate possibilities for library and research skills instruction.
Scheduling Your Visit
- Plan Ahead: Requests for a Library visit must be filled out at least 3 weeks prior to desired visit date.
- Pick a Friday: Library classroom instruction is limited to Fridays. Tours are available throughout the week.
- Contact Us: Fill out the Request form. A library staff member will contact you.
Due to space and staffing limitations, we can not accommodate large groups at this time. Please be patient as we continue to expand our teaching facilities.
|Library Tours||Library Classroom Instruction|
|Large or small groups||Maximum of 37 students (capacity of our largest classroom space)|
|Walking tour of library building and basic services||Hands-on research skills taught by librarians and staff|
|30 minutes to 1 hour in duration||1 - 3 hours, depending on the needs of the group|
|Best for students that do not have a research assignment||Best for high-school students with a research assignment that incorporates library resources|
Planning Your Visit
Parking on Campus
- Please see the TAMU Transportation department for more information
- For Bus Parking, please contact Transportation Services (979-862-7943). 48 hours advanced notice required.
- Teachers can request temporary accounts for students prior to arriving on campus
- Students will not be able to access library online articles from outside the library
- Teachers and students must follow all TAMU rules for responsible computing
Checking Out Books
- Teachers can request borrowing privileges for students prior to arriving on campus
- Students will be able to check out up to 5 books for 2 weeks
- If library borrowing privileges are requested, teachers must sign an agreement assuming responsibility for ensuring that students' items are returned and fines are paid. This form will be emailed prior to the visit.
- Students will not be able to check out journals or magazines
Printing & Copying in the Library
- Students will not be able to print from library computers
- Copy/Print machines are available (credit/debit only, no cash)
Maps & Directions
View Texas A&M Libraries in a larger map