What is OAKTrust?
OAKTrust (Digital Repository) is an open access digital repository for collecting, preserving, and distributing the scholarly output of the Texas A&M University and its partners. It provides increased access to the products of the University's research and scholarship endeavors, fosters the preservation of these digital works for future generations, promotes increasingly rapid advances in scholarly communication, and helps deepen community understanding of the value of higher education.
Information for Colleges / Departments / Units
OAKTrust (Digital Repository) supports a simple hierarchy structure composed of Communities and Collections. Communities in OAKTrust (Digital Repository) may be colleges, departments, research centers, or other groups. Communities contain Collections, and Collections hold digital works.
Each Collection should be part of a Community, and have an assigned Collection Administrator who will:
- Supply contact information to the OAKTrust (Digital Repository) Administrator.
- If desired, create a template for describing items. See the Metadata page for available descriptive fields
- Determine the Collection's submission workflow.
- If desired, create additional Collection policies that do not conflict with the OAKTrust (Digital Repository)'s umbrella policies: Submission & Withdrawal, Collections, Metadata, Copyright and Licensing, and Preservation.
- Supply and maintain a Collection Description for the collection's landing page, if desired.
Information for Individuals
Log in to the OAKTrust Repository using your NetID.
All Texas A&M faculty are automatically authorized to deposit their works in the Faculty Publications collection.
Please contact the Office of Scholarly Communication and we will be happy to establish a collection for you in your department’s community, or can explore establishing a community if one does not yet exist.
Ready to begin?
Submitting Items to OAKTrust »