We've assigned a subject librarian to liaise with every academic department on campus in addition to a number of programs. Consult our Find My Librarian tool to find out who is available to help you with your research and study needs.
How We Help Students:
- Help you find the most useful resources for your class project or assignment.
- Show you the most efficient ways to search for information, using a variety of tools.
- Teach you to use RefWorks, Endnote, and other tools for managing citations and creating bibliographies in your papers.
- Consult with your project team.
- Help you bring focus to your research topic.
- Help you find company information to prepare for your job interview.
- Help you conduct your literature review for your thesis or dissertation.
- Show you how to cite sources correctly, using the style required for your assignment.
How we help faculty and course instructors:
- Teach your students how to search for information effectively.
- Create class guides to help your students find appropriate resources for specific classes or assignments.
- Educate students about plagiarism and the ethical use of information.
- Teach students how to cite sources correctly in their papers and how to use citation management software such as RefWorks or EndNote.
- Conduct literature searches in support of your research proposals.
- Provide research consultations in support of your projects and the theses and dissertations of your students.
- Set up trials of new databases and other online resources.
- Advise in submitting your purchase requests for new books and periodicals.
- Submit proposals for purchases of library materials on your behalf.
- Guide you in setting up an account in OAKTrust the Texas A&M Repository.
- Guide you in setting up course reserves for print, electronic, and streaming media content.