E-Resources Access Requirements
- Accept certificates when accessing library resources from a TAMU Libraries website.
- NetID or TAMHSC username are required for off campus access, and access from TAMHSC buildings.
- VPN cannot be used for access to library resources. The library links will not work correctly.
- Firewall settings on your network or computer may interfere with access. Port 9003 must be accessible.
Still having problems? Please contact us through our Report a problem form so we can further troubleshoot your access issue.
Problems Logging In
For NetID Logins
- Not everyone with a NetID has library access, use the link below to verify your university affiliation status:
- Try resetting your password
For TAMHSC Logins
For questions or help, email AskMSL@library.tamu.edu or call us at 979-845-7428. Common fixes are noted below:
- Clear cache and cookies and start a fresh browser session
- Select the correct login:
- NetID and TAMHSC username are not interchangeable
- Be sure to select the correct login method
- If you don’t see the Identity Provider window that ask you to select your login method, start fresh:
e-Journals (SFX) Access
The library uses the URL below to allow access to e-journals. Port 9003 must be open. To check if you have access to this address:
- Click the test URL
- Confirm link takes you to a black screen with a large @SFX created from red numbers, letters, and characters, see the image below.
- If the page does not load as described, you will need to contact your network administrator or Internet service provider and request they open port 9003.